Monday 28 April 2014

Homemade Healthy Muesli

Since making this muesli, I have been totally addicted to it!  Not only at breakfast, but lunch and snack cravings are being turned into Muesli time!

 

It is so easy to make and so delicious.  I was lucky to have most of these ingredients in my store cupboard.  I would recommend using what you have – the options are endless.


If you are weight watching, be aware of the amount of fruit you are adding as the natural sugar in dried fruit is very high.  The coconut however can be used in abundance!

 

I made my own dried apple chips to add to the muesli, and will in the future dry more fruit.  I can’t understand why sugar is added to already sweet fruit.

 

I use cup measurements for this, but any cup will do.  It was only to get an idea of proportions, but not actually important.

 

Ingredients

 

1 Cup Rolled Oats

½ Cup Oat Bran

½ Cup Almonds (pulsed in a processor, or roughly chopped)

½ Cup Coconut chips

1/3 Cup Raw Chia Seeds

1/3 Cup Mix Seeds

1 whole dried Apple

1/3 Cup Banana Chips

¼ Cup Golden Incan Berries

¼ Cup dried Raspberries

2 tsp ground cinnamon

2 tsp Raw Cacao

 


Alternatives

 

Raisins, Sultanas, Currents, dried strawberries, any dried fruit really – whatever you like or whatever is in the cupboard.

If you are avoiding sugar, cut out all dried fruit except for the coconut.

Give everything a good mix in a large bowl, and store in an airtight container. 

 


This is enough for over 10 servings.
My favourite is Muesli with Yogurt and Honey!! 

 

Homemade muesli with yogurt and honey
 
Or you can add fresh fruit for more yumminess!!

No comments:

Post a Comment